Do you struggle with getting much needed rest and are wondering How To Get Better Sleep? This post will absolutely give you some ideas to try.
Feel free to share this post with your family and friends if you think it will benefit them on learning how to get better sleep naturally!
How To Get Better Sleep?
1. To improve your chances on getting better sleep, recommendation is to set a bed time schedule and try to keep it as much as possible. Find what is optimal time for you, thus improving chances on getting better sleep.
2. You may want to consider eliminating all distractions before going to bed to get better sleep. Watching TV, checking Facebook are just a couple of things to watch out for. Set your phone on Air Plane mode, it will HELP to get to sleep faster.
3. Next thing may seem silly, but it is important. Make sure your room is dark! Cover your windows, eliminate the blinking lights from electronics. Eliminating distractions will improve your odds in getting better sleep.
4. Watch your caffeine intake. So if you want to get better sleep, consider setting a cut off time at least 6 hours before bed time. For me, the magic time was noon, but make some tweaks here and find what works for you.
5. If all above fails and you are still struggling to get better sleep, you may want to consider some natural sleeping aids. One of the most popular solutions is to try Melatonin, although it may or may not work for you. Experts are theorizing that this option only works for people who are naturally low on it and will not help them get better sleep. Another option is to try Valerian root. It may take a few tries to find what works here, but do not give up to soon, keep an eye on the prize- BETTER SLEEP!
6. Do you find yourself waking up during the night or difficulty going to bed because you are feeling hungry? For this tip to get better sleep, try to eat a snack before bed time that combines complex carbs with protein. One of my favorites is an apple with some peanut butter or even whole grain cereal with milk. The problem with relation to better sleep is that once the PM blood sugar levels drop, it causes to release hormones like adrenaline and glucagon that trigger waking up during the night.
7. For the last tip to get better sleep, my recommendation is to manage your stress levels and exercise on regular basis. Although exercising close to bed time may not be the best option, but if that is the only time you have available, just go for it. I personally find that late afternoon workout is the best as I can release my stress that has accumulated through out the day and direct that energy in my workout.
So there you go, 7 Super Easy Tips on How To Get Better Sleep Naturally!
For additional resources to get better sleep you may also visit: http://www.helpguide.org/articles/sleep/how-to-sleep-better.htm
Did This Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below and shared on Facebook